Mullingar Union of Parishes Initiatives During the Covid19 pandemic.
– Everything we are taking on is underpinned by prayer.
1.Lighten our Darkness
‘Lighten our Darkness’ is the name some amazing young people in All Saints’ Parish Mullingar have given to their Christian Leadership Project.
The project was launched on Sunday 1st March with an inspiring dramatic production and the young people will be meeting shortly, after the constraint on social distancing has been lifted, to plan the next stage of the project. The project seeks to highlight, in a very imaginative and enriching way, how the wisdom of God as revealed in the Bible can help us deal with the many challenges we face in the world today.
The very attractive logo holds out the firm hope that under God’s guidance the world can move from darkness to light and so represent all that is best in God’s creation, in humanity and in human behaviour.The young people will post their Programme for Action in due course.
Candlelight Prayer Movement Launched MARCH 18th 2020.
Please join them in lighting a candle each evening at 7.00 p.m. to pray to God for help with the crisis the world is in.
We as part of the ‘Lighten Our Darkness’ Youth Movement in All Saints’ Church, Mullingar, County Westmeath will from tonight 18th March 2020 and every night at 7p.m light a candle in each of our homes to show that God’s love, life and hope is never overtaken by the darkness that surrounds us.
Our hope is that through prayer we may all find peace, healing and assurance in God’s love and protection.
Full details are available on our parish website here http://mullingarunionofparishes.net/index.php/lighten-our-darkness/
2.Let’s keep talking project –
this project encourages everyone to keep in touch with God through prayer and bible reading and through telephone calls to keep in touch with family, friends, neighbours and parishioners.
- A booklet has been produced by the parish ‘Prayerful thoughts and comforting words at a time of National Crisis’ and has been sent to everyone living in the parish and available online to members of the wider community. Hard Copies are available on request. http://mullingarunionofparishes.net/index.php/2020/03/18/prayerful-thoughts-and-comforting-words-at-a-time-of-national-crisis/
- A number of parishioners have also volunteered to keep a regular contact with neighbours and people living in the parish and wider community.
- 3. Praying with our Feet –
Help Drops – An active group of people in the parish have offered to deliver shopping and other needed items to people living in the community who are unable themselves to collect them while maintaining the guidelines of social distancing.
- Christ is Risen –
we are inviting younger parishioners to create and prepare a special Easter card with a prayer for everyone in the parish. These will be delivered with an Easter Egg, kindly donated, on Easter Saturday and left at the doorstep having first rung the bell or knocked the door!
5 Live Services and Digital Communication
- We are looking to use Webcam and live messages which will be available on our parish facebook page https://www.facebook.com/mullingarunionofparishes.net/ and website http://mullingarunionofparishes.net/
we are actively researching the possibility of broadcasting services and sending short talks for the day, week or Sunday and we shall update you when this happens.
The Website and digital communications is maintained by Lorraine Hales should anything need to be clarified – Contact details are 08660522892 Email firstname.lastname@example.org